Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iprint and branch office issue

Hi all: I am having a problem in one of my branch offices. Our branch offices connect to us via point-2-point T1s. Each office has it's own OES 2 servers with their own print manager and the like. Each branch is it's own edirectory partition and hold R/W of root and the local partition.

So today our T1 goes down and everyone in our branch office loses iprint printers, even the local ones. I thought I had everything covered so that in an event of a T1 failure we could still login locally and print. What do you think is the likely cause of this issue?
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iprint and branch office issue

Hello,

what about the eDirectory servers that the driver store / print manager
are comunicating?
Is there only one configured?
Can you reach it if the T1 is down? Try to configure more than one (see
iPrint for Linux Administration Guide chap 3.2.2 "Changing the
eDirectory Server Assignment")?
Is there a driver store in each branch office?
Do the servers in the branch offices have replica of the OU where the
iPrint objects can be found?

Regards Burkhard
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

maybe iPrint Direct may help, please see TID 7001343.

Regards Burkhard
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

>>what about the eDirectory servers that the driver store / print manager are comunicating?

Yes, when the T1 is up everything is fine.

>> Is there only one configured?

Each branch office has a server running a full iprint setup including the manager and driver store.

>>Can you reach it if the T1 is down? Try to configure more than one (see iPrint for Linux Administration Guide chap 3.2.2 "Changing the eDirectory Server Assignment")?

No redundant connection, so when the T1 goes down we have no communications.

>> Is there a driver store in each branch office?

Yes

>>Do the servers in the branch offices have replica of the OU where the iPrint objects can be found?

Yes
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.