Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iprint and slow applikation

We are using iprint 4.32 and having problem with some applikation ex Logger Pro is a program for schools. we are using windows xp sp2 with all patches. Our novell client is 4.91 with sp 4.

Here is what happen:
When I install a printer as default from our servers page for installing printers the printer will get an address like this IPP://192.168.3.1/******

Everything is working fine when our laptop is in school. and they get address from dhcp scope 192.168.3.0-255

But when they get home and get a ip-address from there provider. Starting up some off the software it can take up to several minutes before the program is ready. If I then take there home printers as default printer, everything is fine.

I think it as something to do with some program trying to contact the default printer. In my example it is on a local network and that's impossible. so the program is waiting for a timeout.

I have not had this problem before, it has work fine with some of the old laptops, also with Iprint 4.32.

Can I change anything in iprint to fix this problem ?
Is it ms patch there is missing ?
Or should I remove a MS patch

any Help ??

Jan Boje
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Alas, this seems to be the typical Windows behaviour. The best is that for
laptops that are not constantly connected to the network, you make sure
the default pritner is not a network printer.
One possibility might also to use ICM to automatically install the printer
at login and at the same time, define the printer as a session printer so
that it automatically gets removed again at logout.

--
Marcel Cox (Sysop)
Discover the new Novell forums at http://forums.novell.com
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.