Highlighted
New Member.

iprint for Windows 10 still not available

Hello,

I am trying to get iprint running for windows 10 clients. I have updated our OES11SP2 servers to the latest patches (especially September 2015 Scheduled Maintenance Update is installed),
I have changed the iManager Language (using Firefox or IE11) to English (default for us is German), but in Driver Store there is still no Section Win 8/8.1/10 drivers as it should be. There are only sections for Win8/8.1.

Please help, we need iprint on Win10 urgently.

with kind regard

E. Gruber
Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: iprint for Windows 10 still not available

bmbwk;2417267 wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to get iprint running for windows 10 clients. I have updated our OES11SP2 servers to the latest patches (especially September 2015 Scheduled Maintenance Update is installed),
I have changed the iManager Language (using Firefox or IE11) to English (default for us is German), but in Driver Store there is still no Section Win 8/8.1/10 drivers as it should be. There are only sections for Win8/8.1.

Please help, we need iprint on Win10 urgently.

with kind regard

E. Gruber

Could it be the same as this: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/495768-Client-6-02-missing

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

thsundel;2417270 wrote:
Could it be the same as this: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/495768-Client-6-02-missing

Thomas

Thanks for your help. I was able to install a printer with 'iprntcmd -a <printer>' under Win 10 and the printer is working! But if I try to upload a driver to the driver store, a popup box tells me 'Uploading ... from this OS currently not supported'. I only can upload drivers from Win 8.x systems, these are obviously also working on Win 10 systems. Also, the drivers tab in the driver store reads as 'Windows 8/8.1'.

iprint-server-version is 'novell-iprint-server-6.7.0.20150916-0.6.1'

Is there any solution for my problem?

regards

E. Gruber
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Update: I forgot to install the latest iPrint-Management-Plugin for iManager. Now the driver tabs read Win8/8.1/10. But I still can't upload drivers from a Win10 workstation into the driver store:
'Uploading ... from this OS currently not supported'

kind regards
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.