UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

iprint manager will not start in OES2sp2

Just recently we started having a problem with the iPrint manager on one of our servers.

It tries to start but I can see this error in the message log.
Jun  5 18:03:59 mungret ipsmd[10701]: Error (506D0207) occurred while initializing the Managed Object database.
Jun 5 18:04:00 mungret ipsmd[10701]: The iPrint Manager has unloaded successfully.
Jun 5 18:04:00 mungret ipsmd[10515]: A child process has gone or the iPrint Manager has had a fatal error and has been auto-restarted 5 times within the last hour. There appears to be a repetitive problem occurring. The iPrint Manager is exiting.

I believe the problem happened because the disk which contains /var/opt/novell/iprint because 100% full. But even though I have fixed the space issue and run a repair it still won't start.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Bob
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

restore from a backup of the database, running out of space on the disk has possibly broken the database - if the database is already broken repairing might not help you...

here's a TID to get you started:
Support | Restore Linux Print Manager database in disaster recovery situation

if you follow the steps in the TID the restore process is really really easy

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

I didn't have a backup (I once asked what folder need to be backed up for a full restore of the server but never got an answer)

However, option 2 did work perfectly!

Thank You.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

good to hear you got it back up and running

I keep a bookmark list of novell TID docs in firefox for quick reference

if your iprint is not the latest version, I would recommend updating it or your server to a more recent OES release, i've found iprint to be much more stable with newer oes releases, as well as the fact you get a much easier restore process

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

Thanks again,

One gotcha I did find is that you will need to re-associate the print drivers.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.