Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iprint on Windows 2008 R2

Does anyone know if iprint can work on Windows 2008 R2 server?
0 Likes
3 Replies
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iprint on Windows 2008 R2

April wrote:

> Does anyone know if iprint can work on Windows 2008 R2 server?

As of Feb 2010, Server 2008 R2 was not supported. However, the latest
client (5.40) may work. Just install the Windows 7 client as Server
2008 R2 is based off of Windows 7.

--
Novell Knowledge Partner
Enhancement Requests: http://www.novell.com/rms

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
mhitesh Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The platform is not supported as yet. We have been working on it. The client should install and you should be able to install and use workstation printers.

But user printers do not work on 2008 R2 yet. This is a work in progress. Since this is a server platform by default iPrint will try to install user printer on it. Please configure it to install workstation printer using the tray icon.

Thanks,
-Hitesh

>>> Joseph Marton<jmarton@no-mx.forums.novell.com> 6/4/2010 7:44 PM >>>

April wrote:

> Does anyone know if iprint can work on Windows 2008 R2 server?

As of Feb 2010, Server 2008 R2 was not supported. However, the latest
client (5.40) may work. Just install the Windows 7 client as Server
2008 R2 is based off of Windows 7.

--
Novell Knowledge Partner
Enhancement Requests: http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
imc Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry to dredge up an older thread, but I'm struggling with this. I made the change to the tray icon as was suggested but I'm getting the error: "Error message: The printer driver is unknown". Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm under the impression that if I'm using 2008 R2 64bit, I would be using the Windows 7 64bit driver, or do I have that wrong.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.