Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iprint problems after upg to 65sp6

iprint is running as a cluster resource. Printers in NDPS manager a"need attention". On server console, messages are "Printer agent handle: 3, could not resolve host name '10.x.x.x." printername=passthrough, no printer address resolve for 'HP3700'.

I cannot get imanager working to manage iprint... don't know where to begin..
when i open imanager and select manage printer i get this message
"com/novell/webaccess/common/Variable" and nothing happens.

I install imgr plugins, what else do i do. I guess i will post in imgr forum,,, but I need to get printers working again.

Please advise.

thanx.
haydee
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

>>console, messages are "Printer agent handle: 3, could not resolve host name '10.x.x.x." printername=passthrough, no printer address resolve for 'HP3700'.

I read TID 3233501 and changed the PORT=LPR to PORT=RAW and it fixed problem (miraculously imgr is working).

On workstations it prompts to install a newer iprint client v4.26. After installing this client, it changes the view in the IE browser http://10.xx.xx.x:631/ipp. It displays a "printer location" column in middle of page. I do not have a custom map file. How do i change the view for this page? Is there a document where it explains how to modify this page?

Please advise.
thanx many.
haydee
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.