Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1217 views

iprint quits working

After I installed samba and nss on my OES2 Linux 10 to be able to
install ZENworks Desktop management 7 and reboot the server, iprint is
no longer working. I checked the services that both services for iprint
are running. I can restart novell-idsd with no problem but I did get
error when restart novell-ipsmd. It can not stop and can start. When I
went to iManager to start ipint manager, the error in ipsmd.log shows
that iprint manager unable to bind eDir and also error -601.

Can someone advise where I shall look into this problem to get it fixed?

Thank you a lot!
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

April,

> After I installed samba and nss on my OES2 Linux 10 to be able to
> install ZENworks Desktop management 7


Just a note. You know you don't have to have samba and nss installed to be
able to use ZDM 7. However it depends on what you're needs are for client
access, in your case you might need it.

> and reboot the server, iprint is
> no longer working. I checked the services that both services for iprint
> are running. I can restart novell-idsd with no problem but I did get
> error when restart novell-ipsmd. It can not stop and can start. When I
> went to iManager to start ipint manager, the error in ipsmd.log shows
> that iprint manager unable to bind eDir and also error -601.


Make sure that eDir and LDAP is working OK on the box. The 601 is an eDir
error and means No_Such_Object. Obviously it's looking for something it
can't access or that don't exists.



--
_________________________________________
Niclas Ekstedt, CNA/CNE/CNS/CLS
Systems Engineer/NSC Sysop
Telindus Sweden AB

Niclas Ekstedt Sr Consultant Atea Sverige AB
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Niclas Ekstedt wrote:
> April,
>
>> After I installed samba and nss on my OES2 Linux 10 to be able to
>> install ZENworks Desktop management 7

>
> Just a note. You know you don't have to have samba and nss installed to be
> able to use ZDM 7. However it depends on what you're needs are for client
> access, in your case you might need it.
>
>> and reboot the server, iprint is
>> no longer working. I checked the services that both services for iprint
>> are running. I can restart novell-idsd with no problem but I did get
>> error when restart novell-ipsmd. It can not stop and can start. When I
>> went to iManager to start ipint manager, the error in ipsmd.log shows
>> that iprint manager unable to bind eDir and also error -601.

>
> Make sure that eDir and LDAP is working OK on the box. The 601 is an eDir
> error and means No_Such_Object. Obviously it's looking for something it
> can't access or that don't exists.
>
>
>

It seems that something wrong with iprintgw that is unable to start. Can
someone advise how to troubleshoot iprintgw as I can not find any
documents in novell website about iprintgw?

Thanks a lot!
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

April,

> It seems that something wrong with iprintgw that is unable to start. Can
> someone advise how to troubleshoot iprintgw as I can not find any
> documents in novell website about iprintgw?


It's the iPrint Gateway, which maintains the communication with the
printers.
Have you checked the log, /var/opt/novell/log/iprint/iprintgw.log?


--
_________________________________________
Niclas Ekstedt, CNA/CNE/CNS/CLS
Systems Engineer/NSC Sysop
Telindus Sweden AB

Niclas Ekstedt Sr Consultant Atea Sverige AB
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.