Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iprintgw high CPU utilizatoin

Thanks for the insight. While I wait for the fix I applied the work around. I found that one specific printer was being audited and had a full print que which I guess had a non- english char in it as the TID suggests. I deleted the auser.dat and restarted ipsmd and cpu utilization dropped back to normal.
Thanks Again
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I also had the Broken Pipe error on a printer I was installing, though in this case the patch didn't help out. I solved it by switching to RAW instead of LPR mode. Apparently the HP OfficeJet 7110 Wide format doesn't support LPR, or doesn't support it well. switching to RAW immediately fixed it.

I know that doesn't apply to many of you, but for others who might be searching for a solution, it might be a solution for that instance, in any case it is a very easy quick change to try.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

lxzndr;2346478 wrote:
I also had the Broken Pipe error on a printer I was installing, though in this case the patch didn't help out. I solved it by switching to RAW instead of LPR mode. Apparently the HP OfficeJet 7110 Wide format doesn't support LPR, or doesn't support it well. switching to RAW immediately fixed it.

I know that doesn't apply to many of you, but for others who might be searching for a solution, it might be a solution for that instance, in any case it is a very easy quick change to try.

As a general rule, HP printers work better when set to RAW rather than LPR. Long ago, we updated all our HP printers to RAW, as well as most other brands as well. This has made for much more stable network printing. See TID 7005459 for a way to make the change in bulk.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.