JamesJWeg Absent Member.
Absent Member.

java.lang.NullPointerException adding driver to store

When I first setup this iPrint appliance last summer it was working fine and I was able to add drivers to the driver store without any problem. Recently I needed to add a new driver and I am now getting the error "java.lang.NullPointerException" any time I try to add a driver. This comes up right after selecting the driver from the system or from the hdd. I have run out of ideas trying to search log files etc looking for a hint of what the problem is. Any ideas about where to look would be appreciated.

James.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: java.lang.NullPointerException adding driver to store

On 12-02-18 21:34, JamesJWeg wrote:
>
> When I first setup this iPrint appliance last summer it was working fine
> and I was able to add drivers to the driver store without any problem.
> Recently I needed to add a new driver and I am now getting the error
> "java.lang.NullPointerException" any time I try to add a driver. This
> comes up right after selecting the driver from the system or from the
> hdd. I have run out of ideas trying to search log files etc looking for
> a hint of what the problem is. Any ideas about where to look would be
> appreciated.
>
> James.
>
>

Which appliance version? it is very likely to see this error if driver
is too large. See tid7007340 or tid7016789

You can try to use iprntcmd from a windows PC of the same architecture
as the driver you want to upload, see tid7016789 resolution 2. This is
my recommended way to upload the driver, quick and easy.
0 Likes
JamesJWeg Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: java.lang.NullPointerException adding driver to store

It ended up being a drive space issue, a third party print accounting software was filling up /. /vastorage had plenty of room so iPrint was motoring along just fine. Apparently tomcat caches the driver on / during upload hence this error, no other errors were being generated. FYI, the driver uploaded just fine using the windows command prompt tools because that method does not cache the driver on /.

Thanks,
James.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.