Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

job from mobile put on hold and not printed.

Iinstalled iPrint for OES on OES 2015 SP1 server.
When user on mobile ties to print to printer, job gets to printer (i can see it in psmstatus/printer/jobs) but has "on hold" status. After a few minutes it disappears.
If I manually (from psmstatus page) resume the job, it prints.
Any idea ?
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: job from mobile put on hold and not printed.

On 19-01-18 08:24, BSajovic wrote:
>
> Iinstalled iPrint for OES on OES 2015 SP1 server.
> When user on mobile ties to print to printer, job gets to printer (i can
> see it in psmstatus/printer/jobs) but has "on hold" status. After a few
> minutes it disappears.
> If I manually (from psmstatus page) resume the job, it prints.
> Any idea ?
>
>

looks like an issue with the local renderer or the local driver.
iprintmobile0.log should show more info
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: job from mobile put on hold and not printed.

Mysterious;2473829 wrote:
On 19-01-18 08:24, BSajovic wrote:
>
> Iinstalled iPrint for OES on OES 2015 SP1 server.
> When user on mobile ties to print to printer, job gets to printer (i can
> see it in psmstatus/printer/jobs) but has "on hold" status. After a few
> minutes it disappears.
> If I manually (from psmstatus page) resume the job, it prints.
> Any idea ?
>
>

looks like an issue with the local renderer or the local driver.
iprintmobile0.log should show more info

A bunch of "copying failed" messages. But the file was there ?
rights on directory and files seem OK.

Jan 18, 2018 4:10:28 PM com.novell.service.iprint.rendering.pdf.PDFConverter verifyConversion
WARNING: Copying of converted file failed : /var/opt/novell/iprintmobile/drivers/spool/2DB8D3.1.prn
Jan 18, 2018 4:10:29 PM com.novell.service.iprint.rendering.pdf.PDFConverter verifyConversion
WARNING: Copying of converted file failed : /var/opt/novell/iprintmobile/drivers/spool/2DB8D3.1.prn
Jan 18, 2018 4:10:30 PM com.novell.service.iprint.rendering.pdf.PDFConverter verifyConversion
Jan 18, 2018 4:10:31 PM com.novell.service.iprint.rendering.pdf.PDFConverter verifyConversion
Jan 18, 2018 4:10:31 PM com.novell.service.iprint.emailjobmanagement.JobManager localConversionDone
WARNING: Received conversion failure notification: jobid: 10.0

I will see if there are any patches not yet installed.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.