leekie Absent Member.
Absent Member.

"Database Object is In Use"...

Hi,

On two occasions today the cluster node running one of our NDPS managers has ground to a halt and become unresponsive reporting 100% CPU utilisation.
Had to force a restart of the server to allow the print manager and broker to load on another node.
Looking through the ndpsmmon.log, there are numerous entries such as:

5-07-10 12:21:50 pm, Operation: List Object Attributes,
Service Error: Database Object is In Use [1000008, -914, 0],  
User Name: [USER NAME],  
Address: [IP ADDRESS],  
Object Name: [PRINTER AGENT NAME}
(Client Interface)

5-07-10 12:25:36 pm, Error: Database Object is In Use (-914)
Printer Agent: [PRINTER NAME] (Operation code: 106)
(Gateway Interface)

5-07-10 12:26:19 pm, An operation used 304 seconds.
Printer Agent [PRINTER NAME] (Operation code: 106)
(Gateway Interface)

Having loaded the print resources on another node, they worked as normal for a couple of hours and then a similar sequence of events returned.
The print manager is running at the moment, but I'm not sure how long that'll last.
Any ideas as to what might be going on here?
We're running NW6.5 SP8, iprint components from the "8c" update set and mostly XP clients on a range of iPrint client versions (5.32 - 5.40).

Thanks in advance,

Matt
0 Likes
2 Replies
leekie Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: "Database Object is In Use"...

An update regarding this...
We upgraded one of the cluster nodes to the SP8d iPrint patches on Monday evening. This ran fine yesterday but we saw a repeat of the situation today whereby the server ran up to 100% CPU0 utilisation, server becomes unresponsive and needs to be rebooted to release its cluster resource and load on another node.
The NDPS logs don't really give a clue as to what's causing the problem - "914" errors which are apparantly the result of excessively high CPU utilisation (-914 0xFFFFFC6E DB E DESCRIPTOR IN USE).
If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them.

Thanks,

Matt
0 Likes
leekie Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: "Database Object is In Use"...

If it helps anyone:
I disabled job auditing (iPrint's own auditing - not a third party solution) for all printers on the affected NDPS manager and since that point the server hasn't crashed. This could be a coincidence though, as the root cause was never apparant in any of the server logs.
I'll cross my fingers in the mean time.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.