Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

segfault errors of the iprint manager

Hi there,

in the past we switched from NDPS to iPrint (5 months before). We had a kind of trouble because the ipsmd will stop itself after a time because of a segmantation fault. I did some research together with Novell. They sent me a hotfix and did a lot of testing - so far without success.

At the weekend we had a migration of a NetWare Server to a OES-L SP1 (including a new iPrint version). We installed everything completly new on this server - driver store, print manager, printers, etc.

Yesterday we experienced the same shitty problem.

Do you have any idea?

Greetins,
Adrian

WARNING The iPrint Manager has just experienced a segfault or fa
tal error. It will be restarted by its monitor process.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

redwood;1702230 wrote:
Hi there,

in the past we switched from NDPS to iPrint (5 months before). We had a kind of trouble because the ipsmd will stop itself after a time because of a segmantation fault. I did some research together with Novell. They sent me a hotfix and did a lot of testing - so far without success.

At the weekend we had a migration of a NetWare Server to a OES-L SP1 (including a new iPrint version). We installed everything completly new on this server - driver store, print manager, printers, etc.

Yesterday we experienced the same shitty problem.

Do you have any idea?

Greetins,
Adrian

WARNING The iPrint Manager has just experienced a segfault or fa
tal error. It will be restarted by its monitor process.

is it an oes2 linux sp1 32 or 64 bit system?
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm getting the same issues and more. Services running on server but print manager not responding.

Environment: I'm running iPrint services in a cluster environment, SLES10 SP1 x64 patched to the ying yang.

Situation: I'm on the verge of migrating over 500 Qbase printers off Novell NetWare IPX print servers to IPP but this is holding me from moving ahead. I first did a small dry run and moved 10 printers over to iPrint. Well to add to the sefault errors, the very next day i had to restart ipsmd services 3 times. iManager tell's me that the services are up and running, ran /etc/init.d/ipsmd status on node running the iprint resource and sure enough the services are loaded and running but yet the printers are not responding... Jobs are not process etc.

Need advise / solution to this issue.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Guys,

the Server is a XEN domU and it is a OES2 Sp1 64bit system. I have a open Call through our support center but they told me that the problem is not known till now. I am a kind of confused because girards has the same problems. I hope I will get some news today.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

we have an oes2 linux x64 iprint server without sp1 and a testserver using oes2 linux x64 with the iprint hotfix from nov 2008. on both servers we got segfault errors after a few days.

furthermore, we filled up a new database with iprint printer but the error still occur.

our next plan is building up an oes2 linux x32 iprint testserver with sp1. perhaps the segfault errors only occur with the oes2 x64 editions.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.