New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE

Who Me Too'd this topic

Who Me Too'd this topic

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

ESM Content Authoring Best Practices

Attached is the latest version of the ESM Content Authoring Best Practices guide.

This is a living document, and there is much to add. Please feel free to post questions and comments below.

Topics to address (as of 2017-10-23):

• Asset Categories
  • The priority fields in setting event fields in rule actions
  • Package obfuscation|Users and removing users, especially with respect to content issues and package imports
  • Derived fields, especially the requestURL fields, especially checking for requestUrlHostName IS NOT NULL, and user requestUrl IS NOT NULL, insteadAggregation on Name
  • About COUNT(eventID) and SUM(aggregatedEventCount)
  • Managing content sync packages

Things to explore:

• Test enforced filters on rules (it works on DMs)
  • Test permissions for assigning events to other users in other groups (e.g., /All Users/Default User Groups/Operators and /All Users/Default User Groups/Operators/Analyst)

See also:

Labels (1)
Who Me Too'd this topic
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.