Dynamic sizing of html course

After the creation of a course, and publish to html, users who utilize larger screen monitors only seem to get more white space on the course when they expand to full screen...there doesn't seem to be any dynamic sizing in the html output.  Is that accurate or am i missing a setting somewhere in the development of the course?

• Hello Kate

the size of the output is controlled from the template. You will need to edit the template settings.

To change the output size:

Select File | Open | Open Template and select the current template

Under Publications > Default Publication Settings > Simulation > Simulation User Interface Settings > Maximum Screen Size > adjust Width and Height > Save the template > then do Recording > and Publishing Simulations.

Feature Picture.png

Save the template and then try re-pupblishing.

• Thank you for the reply Paul.  I was addressing the sizing of the html course, not simulations I create for the course...will that setting affect the html viewing of the course as well?  Thanks!

• Hello Kate

Quite right this is just for simualations the same can be done for courses

Under Publications > Default Publication Settings > Course> Course User Interface Settings > Maximum Screen > adjust Width and Height > Save the template > create the course and Publish.

I am not sure if you can affect current courses, if not you may want try creating a new empty course with the template and importing the existing course into the new course.

• Expanded the course max screen height/width to 1920x1080.  Re-imported the course, and there doesn't seem to be any difference from the oob 104x768.  See the orange highlight in the attachment as unused white space that would be helpful to eliminate.  In this example, there is more text if the user scrolls down.

• Hello Kate

What happens when you record a new course with the template? I will need to check, but I get the feel that templates will only apply to new courses and will not work retroactively on existing recordings.

Paul