Add code blocks to posts and replies

Please can we get a proper code block option for posts and replies currently its really awful to paste either code or parameters into posts, an "inline code" format currently looks like the below which is indistinguishable from normal content unless I'm missing something really obvious this is a big feature to be missing,

Top Replies

• When I click on the "Insert" drop down and select "</> Code" this window pops up:

There are multiple language options. Does that not provide the capabilities you are looking for?

• Oh Ok yes, clearly I'm being dumb, I just assumed it would be under format like it would normally be as you aren't really inserting code into the post.

But in the case of long strings it looks even worse, its not uncommon for us to post log snippets etc in that are fairly long lines of text, it does not apply word wrap or anything so you just get this kind of horrible looking box that you have to enter fullscreen to view.

• it does not apply word wrap

That does appear to be the case but that is what you normally want to happen when displaying code.

Depending what you are trying to insert, there are other options that may provide a more readable display.

For example, you can insert, indent, and italicise:

But in the case of long strings it looks even worse, its not uncommon for us to post log snippets etc in that are fairly long lines of text, it does not apply word wrap or anything so you just get this kind of horrible looking box that you have to enter fullscreen to view.

There may be other options but I too am still getting used to this platform...